Sunday 12 October 2008

Tattoos

Can you imagine a perfect gentleman with a tattoo on his skin? If you think about this question you probably guess my opinion about this theme. I respect the people who make these permanent marks on their skin, but I don’t share this thought.

Imagine this sequence, a man giving a lady her arm with a lot of tribal symbols, the face of his favourite musician, and why not, the traditional ‘I love you mum’ quote with a heart on it. This man can have a gentleman attitude but this is not the gentleman’s image that I have on my mind.

However, if you are going to tattoo your skin it is better than you ask for information about the pros and cons; talk to an expert and maybe with your doctor.
Here you have a bad example, if you have a tattoo at your back, at the end of your vertebral column and a doctor has to make you a lumbar puncture or epidural anaesthesia, the tattoo’s tint can introduce into de spinal cord, and cause an infection or something worst. So my advice is this: think and only decide when you find out with all the information.


What do you thing about this people? They are a little bit crazy…

3 comments:

Peter Pan said...

Maybe tattoos and gentlemen are not two things that usually go together, but not everybody wants to be a gentleman.

gentleman said...

Thanks for your comment “Peter pan”. It’s true that not everyone wants to be a gentleman, we have to respect them. But look at this quote of George Bernard Shaw (an Irish writer) “gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out." For this reason I like to be a gentleman.

Thanks another time. I’m going to have a look into you blog.

Sand in my shoes said...

That's my opinion about tattoos:

After, I've read the article of tattoos, I've to say that one thing is very clear and nobody talks enough about it: tattos are so painful! That's a really important point of this historic fashion.
We usually follow some kind of social tendencies that are incredibly damageable: hight-heeled shoes, earrings, piercings (horror films too),...
Maybe it's mainstream because we feel special with this kind of complements but although they could help our ego, don't we think that they are detrimental for our body? The human's nature don't want to feel uncomfortable. However, our mind loves it in our society. I've earrings since I was born but I couldn't like the idea of having another one because it'll involve a needle! I don't want to see a needle if it isn't really necessary.
Finally, I would like to defend changes. I like innovation and new fashions too but sometimes we need to be sensitive and follow our nature.
Am I wrong?