Saturday 18 October 2008

What dreams may come

This movie was filmed in 1998. But, it is a timeless film, in my opinion. This is one of the most emotional films I have ever seen.
The cast speaks volumes, with Robin Williams, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Max von Sydow.
The story is a mixture of emotions, feelings and fears placed in an artful stage. A stage based in the imaginary world of the characters and full of pictures art and hopes. By these two concepts (pictures art and hopes) they talk about the connections between life and death.

The director plays with your feelings in a surprising way with a lot of flash-backs that needs your concentration if you don’t want to lose the thread of the story.
Definitely, this film tries to tell us that we have not to lose our hope. So I recommend it with no doubt.

6 comments:

senyorapòstrof said...

Oh... that film sounds great to a writer who loves feelings, and living life as much as possible! I'll remember: "What dreams may come". And I'm sure I'll see it! Thanks for the recommendation, gentleman!

Blue moon said...

This film is so nice!! I remember that I cried a lot, even when I watch it for second time. So, I'm totally agree on your recommendation.

gentleman said...

Thanks for your comments.

Vidakinesiología said...

Hi Gentleman!
Thank you so much for your commet. I feel a little sad, because no body ( except you) make any comment to my blog, including Núria.
Anyway, I will go to write more.

I have never seen about the film "What dreams may come". I love cinema, I will see this film. Thank you for your recommendation.

Nuria Vidal said...

It'd be better if you go to the owner's blog to write your comment. They might not read your comment on your blog.

I've only founf one little mistake, here:

-that we SHOULDN'T lose our hope.

Sand in my shoes said...

I've seen it last week! I love the film because I think it is really different, moreover for the pictorical language. However, the story it's a bit weak, so dramatic. It wins an Oscar for his special effects!! It's quite great!